|Online Contact||Email: Housing Helpdesk||Tel: 023 8028 5222|
Neighbourhood and Tenancy Management
The Neighbourhood and Tenancy Management Team deal with a variety of tenancy and estate issues.
Our team work on a geographical basis. The district is split into patches, with each patch consisting of a Neighbourhood and Tenancy Management Officer (NATMO) and a Neighbourhood and Tenancy Management Assistant (NATMA). We are all based at Appletree Court, Lyndhurst and can be contacted in writing, by telephone or by email.
Our NATMO's and NATMA's are visiting staff and arrangements can be made to visit people in their homes or arrange for private interviews at any of the council's local offices, or at any other venue mutually agreed.
Some examples of what do we do:
- tackle nuisance and anti social behaviour, or ASB for short, by working closely with our partner agencies (e.g. Police, Community Safety, Social Services, Environmental Protection)
- tenancy advice when there is a breakdown of relationship
- claims for successions rights (when a tenant dies)
- investigate possible abandonment/ sub-letting/ non occupation
- investigate concerns of condition of property and welfare of tenant
- refer and signpost for support and when necessary Safeguarding
- consider and process Mutual Exchange requests
- conduct weekly Health and Safety inspections at our Older Persons Accommodation and our hostels
- new tenant sign up appointments
- establish tenure types and process tenancy offers
The above are examples of our main daily tasks; however we also deal with many non-prescriptive tenancy and estate issues.
If you contact us, replies to written correspondence will be made within seven working days. We aim to return calls within 24 hours. Similarly the same applies for requests for an interview or appointment.
We do visit and inspect our estates on a regular basis and would welcome any tenant wishing to accompany their NATMO on an estate inspection. If you would like to join us, please contact your NATMO on 023 8028 5222.
How we use your information:
Information about your tenancy will be held securely on NFDC's Housing Systems and will be used to administer your tenancy. NFDC is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to this end may share information internally and with other government agencies including those responsible for auditing or administering public funds, for the prevention and detection of fraud. We may share details of the period of your tenancy and contact details you have provided, with utility companies, if this information is requested by them in writing and is required for the purposes of their legitimate interests.