Search site


Fly-tipping is an offence under the Environmental Protection Act (1990). Offenders face an unlimited fine, a criminal record and a prison sentence if your rubbish is found fly-tipped. Always use a licensed waste carrier.

We will remove fly-tipping from council-owned land and investigate all fly-tips for evidence of the person responsible and follow it through.

If the fly-tip is on private property then it is the land owner / occupier who must arrange for it to be removed.

Report fly-tipping

You can report fly-tipping to us:

If you see somebody fly-tipping please take note of as many details as you can but be cautious.

Useful information includes:

  • Description of the people
  • Vehicle details
  • What you saw being fly-tipped
  • When and where you saw it happen

Prevent fly-tipping

Help prevent fly-tipping by disposing of your rubbish in the right way. There are three HWRCs in the New Forest that can be used to dispose of household rubbish. For information on what you can take to these centres and addresses, please visit the Hampshire County Council website.

We offer a Bulky household waste collection from households. There is a small charge to cover the cost of collection but the service can be used to dispose of items such as wardrobes, bed frames and fridges.

If you decide to use a company to remove rubbish from your property, you should ensure they are a registered waste carrier. Ask for their waste carrier licence number and check it through the Environment Agency's register.

This is equally important for businesses as you should be using a registered waste carrier for all commercial waste and be in receipt of a Waste Transfer Note.

Updated: 24 Feb 2020
Powered by GOSS iCM