Search site

Frequently asked questions

Who answers drainage and sewer enquiries?
Southern Water PLC (within the central and eastern part of district)
Telephone 01634 824100

Wessex Water PLC (within the Avon Valley area)
Telephone 01225 526206

Who answers commons land searches?
From 1 August 2007 these will be an additional enquiry on the Con29 search enquiries form.

Hampshire County Council (Highways)
Telephone 01962 832199

Who answers forest rights enquiries?
Forestry Commission
Queens House
Telephone 023 8028 3141

Who answers land ownership enquires?
Land Registry Weymouth
Telephone 0300 006 0411

Who deals with electronic searches at the National Centre?
National Land Information Service
Telephone 0870 2406760

Who is responsible for planning matters in the National Park?
New Forest National Park Authority
Lymington Town Hall
Avenue Road
SO41 9ZG
Planning enquiries Tel 01590 646615 or email

N.B. We undertake searches on behalf of the National Park but they hold all planning and related files that have to be inspected by arrangement at their offices.

How long does it take to respond to enquiries?
An official search is normally dispatched within five working days. A personal inspection of the Local Land Charges Register can normally be arranged within two working days. An inspection of CON29R information will normally be arranged within five working days and if optional enquiries are raised an appointment will normally be within 10 working days.

How many properties can be included in a personal search booking form?
Each search request is treated as a separate entity. No additional searches can be added onto a booking once made and information on any surrounding land has to be the subject of a separate request.

Updated: 1 Mar 2017
Powered by GOSS iCM